Wednesday, April 5, 2017

I had the weirdest dream . . .



I found myself walking down a long hallway toward a single door, and as I got close, it opened .



Passing through the door, I ran into my friends, Justin and Percy, who claimed to have passed through similar doorways, but as we all looked back, every door closed, and vanished.



Each friend claimed to feel . . . a little . . . different.

"I can hear the trees talking."

"There's something alive in that direction.."

"Strange, I'm not shuddering in terror like usual."


Noticing the cave around us, we set out, exploring the large tunnel with lighting from a source we couldn't see.  Even stranger, this light shone from above, though we were still in the cave.  Then, looking around, we found ourselves in a graveyard,



and we weren't alone!



Emerging from the shadows, they surrounded us.  We had no weapons.  This dream was about to end with my jolting awake in a cold sweat as the ghouls ate us, but I remained, and curiously I felt nothing, no terror, no trembling sensation, not even a shiver.

But instead of attacking, one of them spoke to us.

"They want us to follow them," Percy said.
"You can understand them?"  I asked.
Percy shrugged.  "I don't know how, but yes."


Leading us past the graves, we stopped before a hut, and a ghoul dressed in pants and a formal jacket emerged.  Stopping before us, he began to speak, and Percy translated for us.

"I am, I was Pickman, and I need you . . ."


Deadly Dreams, the first supplement for Lovecraft's Revenge, is coming soon from Two Hour Wargames.




You told your story; now tell us your dreams . . .




No comments:

Post a Comment