Thursday, April 20, 2017

Dreamer's Guide - A playing aid for Deadly Dreams


Deadly Dreams, the first supplement to Lovecraft's Revenge, is now out for sale.  In addition, I've completed the Dreamer's Guide, which provides rules and other options for running games outside the scenarios.

Here's an example.


Our heroes started in the small town of Ulthar, where the priests found one of their own lying on the ground, eyes bulging, veins clearly visible in his face.  They asked us to investigate what could have caused this.

We're told the nearby ruins may hold ancient scrolls which describe ancient horrors that crossed the lands.  We decided to head there next.


Outside the ruins, we ran into some lava gatherers, on their way home from the mountains (I couldn't find any minis to represent them, so I just went with d6 this time.).  After a brief dialog, they pointed us toward the ruins.


Arriving, we explored the ruins and found the scrolls in the only vase that was in one piece.  According to the scrolls, the land between Ulthar and the distant mountains teemed with dark magic, and spiritual figures terrorized the populations until imprisoned in a vault just north of the ruins. That's where we're going next.

Unfortunately, the vault we found was opened and destroyed.  Rushing to the nearby towns, we found nothing, until the last one . . .


Entering Dylath-Leen, we saw that the graveyard had grown considerably.  Natives of the town told us of an evil spirit preying on the populace.  Knowing we've found our goal, we camped out near the graveyard an awaited the creature.  We weren't disappointed.


By midnight, a shimmering crimson glow appeared and manifested into the form of a Hobgoblin.  Not wasting any time, we attacked.


It struck back, blasting Percy and Justin with the crimson blast before turning to me.  In a panic, I rushed to escape as the swirling bloody energy surrounded me.


And, I woke up, in my home, all safe.  Leaping out of bed, I phoned Justin and Percy, and both were alive, though shaken by crippling dreams.  They'd recover in time, but for now they were okay.  Setting the receiver down, I sat on my bed and breathed a sigh of relief . . .



 . . . until I realized the breathing wasn't mine and was coming from behind me!




Deadly Dreams is now out from Two Hour Wargames.

Go here for the Dreamer's Guide:

http://site.twohourwargames.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=3222

And sleep tight!

No comments:

Post a Comment