Wednesday, July 19, 2023

Sequel Prologue - Mythic Supers Game

 This is continuing where the last game left off. At the time, I didn't know who stole the device. But now I'll continue that scene. Think of this as the pre-credits scene of the sequel, showing a flashback to that event.

Let's begin.

The truck drove through the security gate, with the guard waving the driver through. Leaving the property, the driver continued.

"Wow," he said to himself, "I didn't think it'd be that easy. I need to check that place out more often."


(Q)  Is the location he's driving to in the same town?  (Unlikely)  Yes, but barely.

(Q)  Is it an abandoned building?  (Likely)  Yes.


After driving for a few minutes, he reached what looked like an old factory right at the edge of the town. Pulling up to a large sliding door, he honked his horn, and a moment later, the door opened, revealing a large area with two people standing on a platform and awaiting him.

Turning off the truck, he got out and walked to the back of the truck. As the two people, a middle-aged male and female, approached, he opened the trucks twin doors.

"Here you go," he said.

"Any problems?" the woman asked.

The person, a kid in his mid to late teens, shook his head. Pointing to the front of the truck, he answered, "Nope, I put on glasses and a cap and between that and the truck, they thought I was a scavenger from the government. Makes me feel real safe with those geniuses in charge."

The middle-aged man rushed forward, throwing his arms around the device. "My baby!"

"Should I leave you two alone, Elden?" The woman smirked.

The man, backed away and straightened up. "I'm just excited, that's all. I thought she was gone forever."

"She?" The woman shook her head and turned back to the young man. "You must excuse Mr. Resk here. He gets quite attached to his toys, and didn't respond well when they tried to take them away."

Elden looked back at her. "But you'll let me continue, right Ms. Drab?"

Mallory Drab nodded. "Of course, dear Elden, your work is fully funded. I promise you'll fit right in with Eticorp, just like you did with my dear friend Charles."

"What about me?" the boy asked. "What about my pay?"

Drab turned to him. "Of course, your pay, unless you'd like to do more business for double pay."

He shook his head. "I think I'm gonna lie low for the moment. I'll just take my pay for this." He gestured to the truck.

Pulling out her phone, Drab typed a few keys. "Done, Mr . . . "

"Whiskers," the boy answered, "Kimmy Whiskers."

She raised an eyebrow. "Whiskers, is it?"

"That's all you need to know," he replied.

"Very well," she said. "Charles Willard had an impressive vision, one he spent many an hour telling when his stubborn wife and idiotic son didn't get in the way. He will be missed." She then turned to the older man. "But you and I, Elden, we'll create great things together."

"But they won't as easily fall for it like they did for Charles," Elden replied.

"Oh don't worry," she said. "As long as the public believes Eticorp deals with real medicine, people will line up for hours for our 'miracle cures,' and your experiments."

"Yeah okay," Kim turned to leave. "I'll just take the bus back." You too have fun.


(Q)  Does Drab allow Kim to leave?  (50/50)  No, but again barely


"Of course," she replied, "but I insist we keep in touch. I may require your services later. Are you sure you're in that much of a hurry?" She typed into her phone again.

Kim's eyes went wide. "You'll pay me that much? I might be open to talking more."


A little less game play than usual, but I'll make up for that later. For now, we have 3 new characters:


Kimmy Whiskers

Level 1 Villain (midway between hero and villain)

Body: 0, Agility: +1, Mind: +2, Talk: 0, Heart: -1.

Skills: Bluff: +2, Sneak +1.

Born Kim Miller, the boy doesn't know of where he came from. At an early age, he escaped from the orphanage and set out for himself. Quickly, he learned how to break into places and steal things. While not an overall evil person, he does what he needs to for survival.


Mallory Drab

Level 1 Villain

Body: -1, Agility: 0, Mind: +1, Talk: +2, Heart: 0

The owner of Eticorp, a company that claims to specialize in experimental medical care, Drab was once very close to Charles Willard. Now she's trying to claim many of his technology, using them for her own discoveries.



Elden Resk

Level 1 Villain

Body: -1, Agility: 0, Mind: +4, Talk: 0, Heart: 0.

A scientist previously employed by Wyltec, Resk now works for Mallory Drab, whom he's grown close to. However, he prefers the company of his projects, and always looks to testing them, regardless of the consequences.







No comments:

Post a Comment