Thursday, August 17, 2023

The Rematch - Mythic Supers Game

Zapman entered the room with Elden to find the woman he had met before, only she was wearing what looked like work-out pants and a tank top, but both were dark gray with silver lines throughout.

"You've already met Lena Sharp," Elden said. "It seems she got into a little trouble with the police just as you did."

Lena snorted. "I was arrested for saving people. I hate bullies."

Elden smiled. "And now you'll have your chance." He motioned to her. "Now, Miss Sharp is already in impressive shape, but this suit will make you even stronger, as it amplifies your physical abilities."

Lena walked over to a set of weights and lifted them easily.

"I've also added a few other ways to aid you," he continued. "Using electromagnets, you can fly and turn invisible for short periods, though the suit does need to recharge if used continuously."


When I first rolled for a description of Lena's new identity, I got "Natural" and "Strong." I figured this meant a mud woman. However, when I rolled for powers, I got "Flight" and "Illusion." The latter made sense since mud can camouflage, but flight seemed more difficulty. Finally, I decided just to go with a suit that made her stronger and allowed her to hide and fly; sort of a mix between Vyper and Mr. Flex, but without any ranged attacks, though those can appear later. I'm still working on a villain identity though.

Her current stats are:

Lena Sharp

Level 1 Villain

Body: +2, Mind: -1.

Skills: Flight, Invisibility (Escape: +3, Effect: +3).

Lena is street-smart but a high school drop-out. She got into trouble when dealing with certain people in her life. Later, she got arrested for helping people who were being oppressed. Now she's out for revenge, still on a quest to help those she feels are in need. She just doesn't let pesky things like laws get in her way.


"You wanted to see me?" Ransom entered the room, with Drab behind him.

Elden brightened. "Ah yes, my young lad, come closer. Reaching into a large drawer, he brought out a case, set it on a table, and opened it.

Ransom looked. "A sword?"

"Oh more than a sword," said Elden, proudly. "This will launch electromagnetic pulses in all direction, knocking down those that aren't close to you." When the other three looked at him, he shrugged. "What can I say? I was on an electromagnetic kick." He pointed to the handle. "It's tied to your fingerprints and your pulse. Just squeeze the handle, and the more intense you are, the deadlier the blast."

Ransom frowned. "I don't know." He held his club and stared down at it. "I feel Julia is all I need."

Elden looked up. "Julia?"

Ransom shrugged. "When I hold my club, that name feels me with warmth."

Drab stepped forward, placing her hand softly on Ransom's shoulder. "We're not making you choose, dear. Bring them both with you; Julia for when enemies are close and the sword for other times."

Sheathing his club, Ransom nodded and lifted the sword, examining it. "I don't have a name for it yet."

"Give it time," said Elden, "I'm sure you'll think of something."

"Until then," said Drab, "let's give you all a second test. Pick a street and block traffic, that should lure out the hero, I mean, the villains for you to face them."

"I'm going to have to sit this one out," said Zapman, bending his knee. "I sprained something last time."

Ransom smiled. "Fear not, my wizard friend. I shall fight for us both." He turned to Lena. "Will you join me milady?"

Lena grinned, punching the palm of her hand. "I'm eager to give this a shot. Just know I'm not some damsel in distress, okay? You're not even my type."

"If you mean romantically, worry not," Ransom replied. "He touched the handle of his club. "I remember little, but I feel my heart belongs elsewhere."

"Then let us set off." Ransom massaged his jaw. "I owe that ogre plenty."


Oh yeah, I leveled up Ransom from his previous scene, giving him +3 Heart from his sword.


"We have a problem," Mr. Flex said to the two women before him. "I just received word that the guy in armor from before is blocking traffic on Oak Street, and he's joined by some female who's helping him."

Brenda looked around. "Where's Vyper?"

"He said something about looking for journals in some cabin in the hills," Stella replied. "We're on our own for this one."

Unfortunately, I have to sit this one out was well," said Brenda. "I have a meeting at the school. Mr. Stanse is helping me explain to them what happened."

Flex nodded. "We can handle it. "Let's suit up."


This time, I left Vyper and Zapman out to allow the newcomers a chance to shine. I also changed my mind and left out Brenda so it's an even 2 on 2.


Cars and trucks beeped their horns as Ransom and Lena stood in the road.

One truck driver honked his horn. "Move it, sweety!"

"Sweety?" Lena walked over to the truck and grabbed the bumper.


(Q)  Is the Difficulty to flip the truck +3?  (Likely)  Yes.


So it's Lena's +2 vs. the truck's +3.


(Ability)  Does Lena flip the truck?  (-1 means Unlikely)  Yes.


With one hand on the bumper, Lena reached down with her other hand and grabbed the undercarriage of the truck. Standing up straight, she flipped the truck, sending it flipping over. The truck driver crawled out of the truck. As he slowly stumbled to his feet, Lena approached him.


(Q)  Does the driver have all 0's for stats?  (Likely)  Yes.


(Clash)  Does Lena win the Clash?  (+2 means Very Likely)  X-Yes.

With the X result, he falls to -3 CS.

(Incapacity)  Is he incapacitated?  (Certain)  X-Yes.


Kicking the man in the ribs, she placed his face against her shoulder and dropped to the ground. There was a cracking sound, and he rolled into a ball with blood coming down his face. (Yes it's a wrestling move, and no I don't care if it's realistic or not).

 There was a car door opening, and Mr. Flex jumped out. "Hey, why don't you pick on someone your own-" He then saw her.

"My own size?" Lena stood tall. "You volunteering, handsome?"

Ransom joined her side. "That ogre belongs to me."

Muse then leaped out, landing next to Flex. "Ready for Round 2?"

Walking around the cars, Brenda nervously stood ready, with her shaking fists up. "I don't suppose you'd run, would you?"

Ransom held up his club. "I'll not flee this battle." He pointed it at Flex. "The time of your fall begins now!"

Brenda risked a glance back. "What's with this ogre stuff?"

Flex shook his head. "I have no idea."


In this Clash, Muse and Flex will face Ransom and Lena, with Brenda's Toughness hopefully protecting her friends.

For the heroes, Flex has +3 Body, and gains +1 thanks to Muse.

For the villains, Ransom also has +3, and also gains +1 thanks to Lena.

So it's an even fight. I'll figure out what happens afterward.


(Clash)  Do the heroes win the Clash?  (50/50)  No, but close.


Muse held her arms out wide. "You think you can face all of us." A number of clones of her and Flex appeared beside them."

Lena smirked. "I only have to hit one of you." Walking right up to Muse, she punched her square in the face.

Muse fell backwards, crashing into the hood of a car.

"Muse!" Flex turned to look at her.

Seizing the opportunity, Ransom swung his club, smashing Flex over the skull. Flex tumbled to the ground, groaning. 

"I so awaited this moment, fiend!" Ransom spit at the other man.


(Clash)  Do the heroes win the Clash?  (-1 means Unlikely)  Yes.

Both Ransom and Lena suffer -1 CS.


With a roar, Flex hit Ransom with a tackle, smashing him into the flipped truck. He then followed with several punches.

Lena started forward but ran right into a brick wall. As she fell to the ground, she glanced over and saw Muse waving her fingers and smirking.


This time, Flex will try and take Ransom's Club, so it's effect instead of Damage. I'll have Muse do the same by confusing Lena.


 (Clash)  Do the heroes win the Clash?  (Back to 50/50)  X-Yes.

Since there's no damage, I'm just treating the X result as a definite victory.


Lena stood up but found herself surrounded by a metal wall. She reached out but her knuckles struck a cold, hard surface.

Flex meanwhile, ripped the club out of Ransom's hands. "Let's see how you fight without your toy."


Flex is going to try and break the club.


(Q)  Is the Difficulty +1 (Likely)  Yes.

(Ability)  Does Flex break the club?  (+3 vs. +1 = +2 or Very Likely)  Yes.


Holding the club up, Flex brought it down over his knee, breaking it in half.

"No!" Ransom lunged forward, catching the pieces as the found to the ground.

Flex stood over him. "Are we done now?"

"Julia," was all the man could utter, with his voice breaking. He then grabbed his sword and held it read, slowly reaching his feet. "You'll pay for your sins." 

Lena backed away as Flex and Muse watched him, confused.


This next Clash will be Ransom versus Flex and Muse. Ransom will be performing Damage while Flex and Muse will attempt to Escape once they realize the threat. 

Flex is currently at +2, gaining +1 from Muse for +3 total.

Ransom will be on his own, using his +3 Heart.


(Clash)  Do the heroes win the Clash?  (50/50)  No.

Flex is down to -2. Muse is down to -3.

(Incapacity)  Is Muse incapacitated?  (Certain)  Yes, Random Event.

(Event)  "Create," "Surprise."


With a roar, Ransom held up his sword. A glowing pulse launched from it, leveling any nearby cars, and sending Flex and Muse flying. As Muse lay unconscious on the ground, several police cars approached.

"We've made our point." Lena grabbed Ransom's arm. "Let's go."

"Fine then." Ransom reattached his sword to his back and picked up the pieces of his club. Glaring at Flex, who tended to Muse, he jabbed a finger. "Next time, ogre, I'll bury you until you burn!"

The two escaped as Flex got Muse into an ambulance and taken away.


Back at the labs, Ransom sat before the fireplace, watching the remains of his club burn.

Lena sat next to him as Drab, Zapman, and Elden sat nearby.

"I failed you, Julia," Ransom said, "but not again. I swear it."

"I'm sorry," Lena said. "We'll get them next time."

Ransom stared silently at the fireplace for several moments before speaking again. "Now is the time to look forward." He lifted the sword and glanced down at it. "I now know the name of my weapon." His eyes narrowed as he again looked at the fireplace. "Judgment."


No comments:

Post a Comment